Erin Pimm Photography

Erin Pimm Photography
Glam the Dress

Monday 25 June 2012

Monday Blues, Doldrums and breaking OUT!

Its Monday. Dreading it somehow. My shoot cancelled and my bed is calling...so what did I do today? I wasted 4 precious hours trying to finish the design of my new business cards. Its harder than you think. Im sure you can understand.  Every company has different sizes, bleed lines and you think you FINALLY have it done, just to upload it and find that its gets chopped off JUST at the exact wrong place. Bugger. So you go back, change and re-upload. After a whole lots of cursing and explicatives, its done and dusted. Passed on the fridge magnets and coffee cups this time, but who knows...maybe I'll be back there someday.
Next is something pretty personal I have to say. I think that as a commercial style photographer I can follow and brief and capture what is being asked of me. But I am feeling compelled to step out of that comfort zone these days. I dont event know what you would classify as fine art, but I think I need to explore that side and be more adventurous. I have some ideas brewing, some people Im gathering and hopefully if the brooding weather coopertates, I'll be able to get out and do the first image this week...putting ideas into action are alot more difficult than it may appear. And if its easy, why bother?
Werribee Mansion & Spa
Winter is here in full force, so here I go...bundled up and ready for action!

No comments:

Post a Comment