Erin Pimm Photography

Erin Pimm Photography
Glam the Dress

Tuesday 5 June 2012

A Few Brave Steps...

This week I have been drooling over a few new webinars and marketing/self promotions ideas that heave really challenged where I currently sit in my comfort zone.
BMW, Google+Photography Conference

Guy Kawasaki makes it easy to believe that you can armchair your way to a successful photography business. Facebook does not. Blogger - meh. Twitter - not bad...
The reality is that until you REALLY step out of your comfort zone, the jobs aint going to come to you.
So begins my semi obsession with Ramit Sethi and his very expensive ELITE performers programs in how to get the job you want, negotiate thousands more in salary, and use your contacts to win big.
I would LOVE to be able to sit in my little bedroom office all DAY and twitter, blog, facebook my way to millions, but it is becoming clearer that marketing does NOT work that way in this business. In fact, I think it will land me into the $200 wedding business, hi res DVD's and all *shudders*. The trick is where to start. A few weeks ago, I started updating, cleaning up and polishing my social media profiles. They now all (except SOundcloud (heh)) include information and links about my photography with proportionally representational images and material. Google+, FB Twitter, LinkedIn, Blogger and a few others. After doing a little Google search I noticed how much of the representations were about my DJing and a few other inappropriate, highly personal, private, non relevant information. Let the cleanse begin.
So now Im jazzed up about how I can start writing my scripts for successful meetings, coffee connections, and keeping my eye on the prize. Letting people know who I am, rather than just random searches, flickr images. Cuz in the end, I already have YOUR attention right? Maybe you have something little to offer me. But I know that I have my eye on the BIG prize...and have big inspirations, big plans, big motives, and the gumption to go get it.

How has your week been so far?

No comments:

Post a Comment