Erin Pimm Photography

Erin Pimm Photography
Glam the Dress

Wednesday 4 April 2012

School, Studios and Latex, Oh my!

The places a photographer will go for their craft. Places, spaces, cubbies, nooks, cracks, underground, high up in that tree, out on the ledge literally and metaphorically...


This past weekend was filled with my first portfolio of the season. I was documenting the change from 'Dave' to his alter ego Lolita Latex for this most aucpicious 10th Anniversary show. Ooo what fun you say! Oh my goodness *redfaceintoyourhands* or WHAT? My inclination is towards the first option of course.


So my weekend was full of surprises and interesting captures of something that is very intimate,  and rarely  documented (kinda like that BLue Footed Boobie Bird) and at times very challenging. WHY you ask? Well - because you have to know dont you? Its kinda like watching a car crash. You cant peel your eyes away from it as much as your mother says you should be doing.  All in all there were some moments of hilarity, some of personal introspection challengin my beliefs, and in the end *crosses fingers* a damn fine PJ project and portfolio.


In other news, I attended a great workshop held at 1140 Gallery (Malvern) for complex estimate quoting. Learned quite a bit, saw the biggest cyclorama in Melbourne (fully equipped with a new Jeep being photographed) and got to learn a bit more on the front of complex quoting. biggest lesson. DONT hire the talent - let the client/agency do that...Rights can be an absolute nightmare to control in the end with the models.


This Friday being the *good* kinda for all ya'll Christian Right Wingers out there get the day off. Well...its a holiday of sorts for the Jews as well - and Happy Passover to you too. Not a reason to call off school for any of I think  for the amount we're paying you, but happy to have another week to work out my next assignment ' Stereotypes' ...

No comments:

Post a Comment