Erin Pimm Photography

Erin Pimm Photography
Glam the Dress

Saturday 29 December 2012

Portrait Couture - Gone with Glamour...


So here is the crux, or apex, or opportunity. The commitment. The forge ahead moment where your heart leaps into your throat, you bite the bullet, put your money where you mouth is a step into the fear
aka
Launching Your Business 2012 (aka stain your shorts)

Portrait Couture

I am taking the plunge. I am putting that commitment into the light and shining it out. I am a successful photographer and this is going to be the proof in the pudding.
Ive been studying Sue Bryce and her coined (love it BTW) Portrait Couture. Gone is the bygone sticky term of glamour portraits. In fact, I still have this horrid vision in my head of mall studios taking terrible flash photography with some creepy old dude leering at the images behind the screen (because you know they are doing it at TSA), or Robin Williams...well I'll just stop there.
Sue has an incredible innate sense of what women want and EXACTLY how to service that. She is one of the most successful portrait photographers not only in Australia (she won AIPP Portrait Photographer of the Year) but in the world now. Between www.inbedwithsue.com, www.creativelive.com, she has come into her absolute primetime, amazing teaching with something like 8? full days of teaching via CL and darn it all if Im not TOTALLY jealous that she gets to be back in my hometown teaching. Just MONTHS after I personally moved away from Seattle. I would give just about anything to attend a workshop of hers.
So, I have spent months now studying her. Watching every workshop over and over. reworking, taking images, learning, practicing, and now here we are. Ground Zero. And its a go.
So. Blog up, write, shoot, market, draw, photoshop, details, planning, building, shifting, moving and a little shaking...
See you on the other side...very shortly ;))

No comments:

Post a Comment