Erin Pimm Photography

Erin Pimm Photography
Glam the Dress

Thursday 31 March 2011

I WANNA BE A GEAR HEAD

I admit it. I now know the difference between a f stop and a bus stop as Bambi Cantrell would say (god bless Creativelive.com. I have a Nikon D90 and the lenses I have are crap. Lowest lens is a 4.0 ugh... ISO is only up to 6400...FPS is 4.5...blahblahblah...and now Im eying up eitheer that juicy new D7000 OR spend some REAL dough and UPGRADE to a D3s or D3x...and soooo many new lenses...man this is going to be tough to justify when Im NOT making any money yet AND i know what an incredible difference event a prime lens can make. SO...upgrade body first and lenses next or Lenses now for D90 and then up to the new gaga body and crazy lenses...
thoughts? I did just grab a 10-20mm to play with and keep some interest up...

OH and for all my soon to be professional followers...http://www.facebook.com/?ref=hp#!/home.php?sk=group_142702255797301'Photographers UNited for Paid Work Only'

yours in pixels....


3 comments:

  1. Will your present lenses fit on the D3? If yes, splurge on lenses to see immediate differences while saving for the new body.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you don't have a 50mm, there's no excuse for that. :D It's cheap and wonderful as a portrait lens on a cropped body.

    And Q, all nikon lenses have the same mount, the f-mount.

    Having played the game that you're playing now, I'd agree with Q. Get lenses now, save money. I went to a D700, and I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lenses are the most important part. bodies come and go, good lens will last you ages. once you feel that you push D90 to the max - think about upgrading.

    ReplyDelete